Should you do roof repair or roof replace in Michigan? This is the question that many ask. So many in Michigan would prefer to do roof repair than roof replace because roof repair is usually cheaper than a roof replace. However, even though most anything can be repaired, sometimes your best bet is to simply replace the roof and not try to repair it. In some cases, it is totally okay to repair your roof instead of replace it. In this roof repair or roof replace in Michigan guide, I am going to walk you through some tips on when you should replace and when you should repair. If you simply aren’t sure which one to go with after reading this guide, ask your local roofer that you trust, they will let you know which one would be best in your situation. Take a look at this repair vs replace guide:
Roof Repair or Roof Replace in Michigan? Which One Should You Do?
Roof Repair in Michigan
Let’s first take a look at roof repair in Michigan. Repairing your roof may seem like the cheapest way out at the moment, but the truth is, if it’s a problem that will have to be constantly repaired, you may come out cheaper to go ahead and replace the roof. But there are times when simple things like the flashing can be repaired. Here are some things you might want to consider repairing instead of replacing.
- Damaged Flashing
- Damaged Vents
- A Few Shingles Missing
- A Few Tiles Missing
- Damaged Gutter
- Small Hole in the Roof
Roof Replace in Michigan
Now that we have discussed the things that can be repaired, let’s take a look at the things that will probably cause you to replace the roof instead of repairing.
- Old Roof – If your roof is very old, it may simply be time for a new roof. After a while, constantly patching an old roof will get pretty expensive and before you know it, the money you have in repairs could have almost bought you a new one.
- Multiple Holes in the Roof – If you have multiple leaks in your roof every time it rains, it might be time for a new roof. If you’ve patched a few holes in your roof and you still have leaks, then it’s probably best that you go ahead and invest in a new roof.
- Multiple Shingles Missing – If you have a lot of missing shingles, it’s time to replace your roof. If you have four or five missing shingles, you can probably just repair the roof. But having a lot of missing or damaged shingles is a sign that it’s time for a new roof.
- Multiple Tiles Missing – This is the same as shingles. If you have a lot of missing tiles, you need to consider replacing your roof.
- Moisture in the Attic – Moisture in the attic means there is damage to your roof. The moisture will eventually lead to mold and mildew buildup. Once you see moisture in your attic, it’s time to call the roofing experts.
- Seeing Daylight through the Ceiling – If you are standing in your living room or attic and you can see daylight coming through your ceiling, it’s time to call a roofing company in Michigan. This is a sign that there is either multiple holes in your roof, or your roof is falling apart.
The only way to be for sure if your roof needs replacing or repairing is to call a professional roofing company in Michigan. A professional can come out and provide you with an inspection and will be able to better tell you what you are facing.
For more information on roofing, please take a look at the other posts here on Michigan Roof Pros. We are here to provide you with tips, resources, and other useful information that has to do with roofing. If you have a question that isn’t answered here on our blog, please feel free to use our contact form and contact us. We will be more than glad to help you in any way we can.