Is it time to call the roofing experts in Michigan for your free roof inspection in Michigan? Do you know what to expect when they come out and inspect your roof? Don’t worry, many people don’t know what to expect and many people don’t think they need roof inspections. The truth is, you need to call a roofer for a free roof inspection after every severe storm and at least once a year. Even if you don’t spot water leaks or see missing or damaged shingles, there could still be damage to your roof. When you call a roofing expert in Michigan, the experts will go by a checklist for inspecting your roof. Some checklist may vary a bit, but most roofers go by the same checklist. If you are wondering what to expect, take a look at the free roof inspection checklist below.
What to Expect with Your Free Roof Inspection in Michigan
Free Roof Inspection Checklist in Michigan
Roofing companies in Michigan have a very strict checklist they go by when they inspect your roof. Some companies do not check all of the following things on the list, but most companies do. Most roofing companies will provide you with a free roof inspection in Michigan, but some will charge you. Take a look at what to expect when you call a roofer to come inspect your roof in Michigan.
Inspecting Ceiling Conditions in Your Home
For the ceilings, the inspection will include the following things:
- Checking for Water leaks on Your Ceiling
- Checking for Water Stains on Your Ceiling
- Checking for Cracks in Your Ceiling
Inspecting the General Roof Conditions of Your Home
The general roof inspections of your home include the actual roof. Here’s what you can expect with this part of the roof inspection in Michigan:
- Checking for Debris on the Roof
- Checking for Missing Tiles or Shingles
- Checking for Cracks in the Roof
- Checking for Missing or Damaged Flashing
- Checking to Make Sure Your Gutters are Intact
- Checking to Make Sure Gutters and Downspout are Working Properly
- Checking the Structure of the Roof
- Checking the Attic for Mold, Mildew & Moisture Buildup
Interior and Exterior Wall Surfaces
Another area that will be checked during your free roof inspection in Michigan are the walls of your home. A damaged roof can cause damage and problems to the interior and exterior of your home. Here is what you can expect during the inspection of the interior and exterior walls.
- Checking for Finishes that are Deformed
- Checking for Deterioration in the Surface
- Checking for Staining on the Interior and Exterior of the Walls
- Checking for Cracks on the Interior of the Walls
- Checking for Water Stains on the Interior of the Walls
- Checking for Window Leaks on the Interior Walls
- Checking to Make Sure the Door Alignments are Right
Each roofing company in Michigan is different. However, the above checklist is the basics for every roofing company. Many roofing companies will provide you with an even more extensive roof inspection that will include many other things. As the experts are performing your inspection, they will be taking notes. Once they are finished with the inspection of your roof, they will provide you with a roof inspection evaluation. In this written evaluation, you will find a written statement if everything they found wrong while completing your roof inspection. Most companies will offer to take care of the problems for you if any problems were found.
The next step for you is to find the best roofing company in Michigan to come out and provide you with your free roof inspection in Michigan. If you don’t already have a roofing company in mind to use, take a look at our Michigan Roof Pros blog for help on finding a great roofing contractor in Michigan. If you don’t know what to look for, take a look at, “Free Roof Inspection in Michigan,” for help on how to find a roofing contractor you can depend on.
When it comes to your roof, you definitely need to have it inspected often. Neglecting your roof could lead to many other problems such as a collapsed roof, damage to the interior of your home, and needing a new roof installed. So call for your free roof inspection today and have your roof looked at.